Monday, September 22, 2008

About of this blog

The goal of this blog is to teach you Papiamentu at a basic level. I will do this by helping you with the vocabulary, spelling and grammar. I may also post reference to articles in Papiamentu or audio and video content on the internet.

My background:
I am a native speaker of Papiamentu living in the Netherlands. I grew up on Curacao and I have been living in the Netherlands since 2006, currently I'm studying at Utrecht University. When I'm finished with my studies I will return to my homeland.
I have never taught Papiamentu before. The knowledge that I have on the language is what I have gained over the years by studying the language at school, reading books and talking to people on the subject. I am NOT a linguist nor am I a professional in the language of Papiamentu and I don't pretend to be. Use what you learn here at your own risk!

If you would like to learn more on the language of Papiamentu I suggest you buy one of the wonderful books I'm recommending or just visit the beautiful island of Curacao.

I hope you will be able to learn a lot from this blog, because I do it with a lot of passion and love.
If you have any questions or feedback you can email me at papiamentutadushi [at] gmail.com

2 comments:

Me said...

Hi! Love the new blog. A lot of us in the IAL community are very interested in Papiamentu and would love to see more resources to learn the language.

One thing I'd love to see more of sometime are transcripts of videos from telecuracao:

http://mithridates.blogspot.com/2008/09/another-new-blog-worth-keeping-eye-on.html

It's great that there are so many of them online and it would be even better if someone were to write out the transcripts sometime so that we could read along as well as listen.

Kompatriota said...

I will do my best to post one of those in the coming weeks.